Monday, January 2, 2017

Review: Corsets and Crossbows (Drake Chronicles #0.1) by Alyxandra Harvey

15759151Corsets and Crossbows by Alyxandra Harvey

Rosalind Wild thinks it's time for the Helios-Ra to give full membership and recognition to the female descendants of the society-after all, it is 1816 and it's time to make room for new traditions. When Rosalind interrupts a plot to assassinate the leader of the Helios-Ra, she sees an opportunity to prove her worth. But she never expected the assassin to be someone so irresistible, and off-limits. Written as a series of letters to a close confidante, this exciting e-novella gives a glimpse of the early days of the vampire hunting society as seen through the eyes of Hunter Wild's feisty ancestor.









Pages: 83
Format: E-Book
Published By: Walker Children's
Genre: Young Adult - Paranormal
Series: Drake Chronicles

Rating:
✮✮✮

Review:
I love reading stories that are told in the format of letters because it always seems more personal to me, and I love when fictional stories are written in a way that makes it more personal, and Alyxandra Harvey did an amazing job at doing so.

I wish this book had been a longer, and the story had been more fully developed instead of being an novella, because I loved Roslind. She was fiesty and her attitude was ahead of her time, which make her more interesting as a character. I also like how Rosalind didn't see everything in black and white, and in a way her character grew in that regard, I believe.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds Great , I can't wait to read this book !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It's a short story, not a full length book but I feel like it intrigues you enough that you want to read the series!

      Delete