Saturday, February 27, 2021

Taking a Peek Inside the Box: Winter Wishes Box from Owlcrate


Since the book is mentioned in the title card of this box because this was a limited edition box, I'm going to mention it first in this "Taking a Peek" post. The book of the box is Universe of Wishes, which is a YA Anthology that is a collection of short stories. The image on the left is the cover of the edition included in this box, and the cover on the right is the original. Personally, I am a huge fan of the edition in the box, and think the white background makes the imagery on the cover stand out more.

So I believe this box was released before Christmas originally, and included in the box was two gift bags, shown above. They have a cute winter appearance with snowflakes, books, and quills. The bags were created by Janine Lecour. You can check out her instagram at this link: @janinelecour.


If you've gotten an Owlcrate subscription box before, you would be familiar with Riddle's Tea Shoppe. I have had some of tea created by them before and I really liked it. The loose leaf tea that was made exclusively for this box was Waking from a Thaw, which has peppermnit, chocolate, and decaf tea. Sadly, I am not that excited for this tea because I am not a huge fan of peppermint. Along with the tea, there is a Stainless Steel Coffee/Tea Spoon, which doubles as a bag clip.


To enjoy the tea that was included in this box, we have a ceramic mug that was desinged by Lady Chubb Letters, and inspired by Spinning Silver. I really love the color of the mug, and I really like mugs with book quotes. The quote on this mug is as follows: "One day the wind would blow, & the temperature would drop, & in the middle of the night, a frost would creep over my threshold".


The next thing included in this box was a Vanilla Buttercream candle. This is probably one of my favorite things in this box because i love Vanilla scented anything. It was made by NaturalAnnie Essentials, and is inspired by Girls Made of Snow and Glass. This smells absolutely delicious and I cannot wait to burn it.


A bookish item that I really love getting is enamel pins. I have a banner (from Owlcrate) where I display them all, and I love it. This pin was designed by Icey Designs and complements the exclusive cover for this book.


The last thing in this box is a gel eye mask. I have a couple of sleep masks from book boxes, but this is the first gel eye mask I have received. I can't wait to test this out, but if you chill it before use, it helps to reduce the appearance of puffiness and dark circles which I need because I work late hours and then come home and have trouble falling asleep. It was created by Studio Kyra, and features a quote from the book, Invisible Life of Addie LaRue: "She has counted time in seconds, and in seasons, in cold snaps and in thaws, in uprisings and in aftermaths".

These pictures were not the most exciting, but it was a kind of last minute decision to do this themed post on my blog, and I wanted to get it up sooner rather than later because, technically, I'm already late and I also got it during February so I wanted to post it in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment