Sunday, February 28, 2021

March TBR and Wrap-Up

My Jane Austen book for the months of March and April is Northanger Abbey. I did not finish reading Mansfield Park, so I'm still going to be tackling that book. But out of all of her books that's the book that least intrigues me and I hit a reading slump during the second half of the month because I read so many books back to back in such a short period of time - mind you, most of the books were novellas, but still.

My prompt for the month is to read a book that starts with a K, so I picked Sarah Dessen's Keeping the Moon. Like the above challenge. I failed my challenge prompt for the month of February, so I will also be trying to finish that, but since I am moving out of February, I am no longer going to make sure that it is also a romance novel.

I didn't really read any of the books that I thought I would pick up. Although, I did complete two books that I went into February that I had already started. There will be a handful of books that I will be going into March already started, but I honestly don't know whether I will end up picking those ones up to complete or not, except for one: Night is Watching because I'm already 75% done with the book. Two nonfiction books that I would love to read this month are From Broken Glass (Holocaust prompt challenge book) and Unbelievable. I really want to finish Come Tumbling Down so that I can get to Across the Green Grass Fields, which is one of my anticipated releases. Like I am unofficially trying to tackle all of April Henry's books, I am also doing the same for Natalie D. Richards books this year. There are also a couple of audiobooks I have to listen to so I'm hoping to at least get to two of them: 

During the month of February I completed a total of 15 books. I had initially planned to conquer some Contemporary Romance novels, but the first week of February, I ended up picking up a paranormal romance book, Wolf Signs, and then quickly completed the remainder of that series. Still in the mood for some shifter romance, I picked up a short story and novel by Christine Warren. My mood for this particular paranormal romance faded.

And I wanted to read some paranormal romance that was on the ghostly side with romantic suspense. Presenting Tonya Kappes's Ghostly Southern Mystery series and Heather Graham to fulfill this reading mood.

Which then led me to reading romantic suspense, without that paranormal touch. I am really enjoying this series by Kendra Elliot and Melinda Leigh - my initial goal had been to finish the entire collection and it just didn't happen.

I also finally finished the prompt challenge book from the month of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment