Friday, May 24, 2019

August 2018 Unicorn Crate Unboxing


August 2018 Unicorn Crate: Unlikely Allies

The book that came in this book box was Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson. I have not read any of her books at this point, and before I read this book, I want to read the Remnant Chronicles series. Hopefully, since I have this book, it will encourage me to read that series so that I can pick up this book. Along with the book came a note from the author, signed bookplate, and a bookmark for the book.

Next in the box was the candle, 'Agnieszka and the Dragon', which was inspired by Uprooted by Naomi Novik, a book I really want to read also. Its a blend of sandalwood, rose, and embers of fire. It's a strong scent, sometimes I like it, and other times, I think its too strong.

'Ciara and Lief' lotion was the next thing in the box. I really love the lotion and use it quite frequently. It was inspired by Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake, a book that I just bought to read soon. This was handmade by Latherati.

After that, there were coasters that featured Zelie and Inan from Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. I love coasters but currently they are just sitting on my shelves unused at the moment. Once more, these are from a book that I have not read. These were custom art designed by Jo Painter.

The box also included a pillow cover that is inspired by Cruel Prince by Holly Black. The quote on the pillow cover reads "He's Flint, You're Tinder". I don't know what the quote references because I have not read the book, and really have no plan to. I do think the pillow cover is nicely designed, and I love the inclusion of a pillowcase in the box, even though I won't use it much because I'm not overly excited about it. The custom quote artwork was designed by Papercuts and Pages.


The last thing in the box was two sets of vinyl Legolas and Gimli stinkers, which are obviously from Lord of the Rings. I loved them, and gave one of the sets to my sister. The stickers feature art by Sharon De Leon.

No comments:

Post a Comment