Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Review: Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards

21900147Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards

Keeping secrets ruined her life. But the truth might just kill her.

Piper Woods can't wait for the purgatory of senior year to end. She skirts the fringes of high school like a pro until the morning she finds a notebook with mutilated photographs and a list of student sins. She's sure the book is too gruesome to be true, until pretty, popular Stella dies after a sex-tape goes viral. Everyone's sure it's suicide, but Piper remembers Stella's name from the book and begins to suspect something much worse.

Drowning in secrets she doesn't want to keep, Piper's fears are confirmed when she receives an anonymous text message daring her to make things right. All she needs to do is choose a name, the name of someone who deserves to be punished...










Pages: 320
Format: E-Book
Published By: Sourcebooks Fire
Genre: YA - Mystery, Romance, Contemporary

Cover Review:
I'm typically not a fan of covers with full people on them, but I think this one works. I also really like the simplicity of it.

Rating:
✮✮✮

Review:
I absolutely enjoyed reading Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards. I sped through the book because it hooked me from the first chapter. Natalie has a way of writing a story that keeps you completely focused. I was halfway through the story, and it felt like I had only been reading for a short amount of time.

One of the reasons that I didn't love the book is because I didn't connect with Piper. I enjoyed her character, and I liked seeing the growth in her character throughout the story. I thought she was a great character because she's not perfect, she's flawed - and she knows that she's flawed, which is part of the reason she grows.

I really liked her relationship with Nick, although I felt like it was somewhat stiff. I thought Nick was a great match for her and leveled out her personality with his. I just wish there had been more chemistry between the two of them. But I still really enjoyed it, and I thought they were a very cute couple. And it doesn't take too much away from the story, which was wonderful.

One thing that I really loved about this book is that even though I didn't agree with how Piper and her mystery partner handle their revenge, I sympathize with why they do handle it the way they do.

I would highly recommend this book if you love mysteries that keep you on the edge of your seat, waiting to know what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment