Saturday, November 18, 2017

Review: Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger

32470611Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger

Tessa Hart’s world feels very small. Confined to her bedroom with agoraphobia, her one escape is the online fandom for pop sensation Eric Thorn. When he tweets to his fans, it’s like his speaking directly to her…

Eric Thorn is frightened by his obsessive fans. They take their devotion way too far. It doesn’t help that his PR team keeps posting to encourage their fantasies.

When a fellow pop star is murdered at the hands of a fan, Eric knows he has to do something to shatter his online image fast—like take down one of his top Twitter followers. But Eric’s plan to troll @TessaHeartsEric unexpectedly evolves into an online relationship deeper than either could have imagined. And when the two arrange to meet IRL, what should have made for the world’s best episode of Catfish takes a deadly turn…

Told through tweets, direct messages, and police transcripts.


Pages: 359
Format: E-Book
Published By: Sourcebooks Fire
Genre: YA - Contemporary, Mystery

Cover Review:
I really like the cover. You don't see Tessa's face, and I think it gives a good sense of what the book expresses regarding Tessa.

Rating:
✮✮✮

Review:
Follow Me Back was an interesting original YA novel about a girl and a guy falling in love over direct messaging via twitter. This book had a unique way of telling a story involving something that is very common in our lives today (social media). It's told through the DM, tweets, police transcripts, and a dual POV.

Something that I really loved about this book is that it deals with Agoraphobia, and personally, I think A.V. Geiger really captured the essence of what agoraphobia is like. It was different, but nice, to see a YA book about a mental disorder that wasn't an eating disorder or depression (not that it's bad that there are many that are focused on those disorders).

I really connected with Tessa. Her character was just so real, and strong. It was interesting to see her progress throughout the story. And I liked Eric, but I didn't connect as much as I did with him as I did with Tessa. I wasn't completely sold on their romance, but I did like their relationship, and I thought Eric and Tessa were cute together. But I felt like a lot was lacking chemistry-wise between the two of them.

And that ending... I don't even know what to think after an ending like that. All I know is I desperately need my hand on the second book right now, because I really need to find out what is going on. So many questions, so many thoughts... and I want them answered now.

I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a good YA novel. Especially if you are looking for something different, which I thought this book was, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment