Saturday, February 11, 2017

2017 February Emojiathon (Readathon)

february emojiathon


This is my first readathon of the year, it lasts for the month of February. I had meant to post my goals for this readathon at the beginning of the month, so technically as I am posting this I have already been working to achieve these goals, but I'm going to go ahead and let you all know my goals for this readathon here.

The purpose of the Emojiathon is to read 4 of the 25 challenge (I am going to aim for more than that, but as I have a busy life I don't know if that will work out.)


guys.jpg- read a book about a marginalized group 7818683

I chose this book because I am minoring in Deaf Studies, and a group that I feel doesn't really get recognized as a marginalized group would be the Deaf Community, so I wanted to read a book with a character who was deaf.


download (4).jpg- read a book that was gifted to you 3

I got this book from a really good friend of mine who was dying for me to read this book series, and obviously I want to read it, and it's a really popular book series, so hopefully I will get to it for this challenge.

heart.jpg- read a romance/contemporary 27414434

I have already completed this goal for the challenge, with the amazing book, Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia. You can check out my review here.

download (5).jpg- read a book you bought because of its cover 25390583

As I shared in my Book Courtship Tag, I have no idea what this book is even about, but I just love the cover. So I really don't have much to say about this book.

- read a book that makes you happy Cover image for Metaltown

I chose Metaltown because Kristen Simmons wrote it, and I absolutely loved her Article 5 Series, and just looking at that cover and thinking about this book makes me happy.

download (1).jpg- read a thriller or horror 17341550

I am actually going to try to read both books in this series during the month of February. I don't know how well that will go.

robot.jpg- read a futuristic/sci-fi book Cover image for Their Fractured Light

I am really looking forward to reading this book and finishing the series. I loved the first two books in the series, but this one was a little slow when I first attempted to read it, so I plan to start over and see if it's any better this time.

download (6).jpg- freebie! Read any book 33290383

I have already finished this book, and you can check out my feelings for the book here.

047982f39e753d4d90ba197084cefbb0.png- read a 2016/2017 release 23299512

I have been wanting to read a V.E. Schwab book for the longest time after I saw a post on Jessethereader's vlog, that was just really great and interesting, and made me want to check her books out.


crying.jpg- read a cry-worthy book 12851538

I have heard that this is a really sad book, and it seems weird to plan a book to read for this category when I don't even know if I am going to cry, but since I've heard it's sad, I am going to leave it here.

excited.jpg- read a book you’ve been anticipating 29939390

If you have been following my posts, then you know that this was one of my most anticipated reads for 2017.

emoji.jpg- read a book in under 24 hours 13541584

This took me maybe an hour, and sadly I didn't like it and there is a short review that can be found on Goodreads, but I did not review the book on my actual blog.
emoji_set_101.png- read a book you’ve seen everywhere 27827203

I actually just bought this book, and hope that it comes in in time for me to read it for this readathon.

- buddy read a book 16034235

I am currently working on completing this challenge. If you would like to follow along with my thoughts on Throne of Glass, because I don't think I will be reviewing this book, you can follow here

No comments:

Post a Comment