Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: YA Movie Adaptations Out That I Want to See or Need to Read the Book

Initially, I wanted this to come out last Tuesday, but with school and exams, I just didn't have the time to get this up. So two weeks ago, I did a Top Ten Tuesday about books I need to read before the movies comes out/before I watch the movie. All of the following movie adaptations are books that I have already read and just haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet.

But as I sat down to write this post, I realized that I'm usually on top of the YA movie adaptations out, so instead the first five ended up being movie adaptations that I want to watch, while the last five are adaptations of books I haven't read but need to.

#1: Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

8621462I really enjoyed reading this book by Patrick Ness. It has so far been the only book of his that I was able to enjoy. But at the same time, I found the book to be slow (which was okay for this book), but I"m worried that the movie will feel the same - which is why I haven't actually gotten around to watching it.

Hopefully, I will get to it soon.













#2: Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

439288It has been a long time since I read this book, and only recently found out that it had been made into a movie. I enjoyed the book, and would love to see the adaptation (even if I can't recall everything about the book.)
















#3: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

1217100This is actually not a movie - it's a TV adaptation, but I still included it because it was one of the top books that I have read. I personally feel that it's an important book in our time and age to be aware of what happens in the book.

And I can't wait to watch the show (I know I'm late getting to it).















#4: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

18692431So this book wasn't a favorite of mine, and I just felt like there was so much hype for this book, and then it let me down. But I am still looking forward to watching the movie - which I just haven't been able to get around to watching with school and everything.
















#5: Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

33574273This one is kind of a stretch to actually put on this list because I don't know how much I want to see it, but I am seeing it because a friend of mine is dying to watch it. I enjoyed the book, but it wasn't a favorite. I have also seen the original movie adaptation of this book - but I think this one will definitely be much better.















#6: Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

39999When this movie came out, I wasn't on top of reading books before they were made into movies (like I try to be now - but sometimes fail). The movie destroyed me so much and that is part of why I haven't yet picked up the book, but I still want to because it was an amazing story - I just know I will bawl my eyes out when reading it.















#7: Fault in Our Stars by John Green

11870085Here's the thing about this book/movie. I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie, and I haven't been the biggest fans of John Green's books. But I really want to read this book because I have heard it's one of his better books, and I'm hoping that is the case, but at the same time, I'm wary of actually picking it up and not liking it.
















#8: Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

19063I did attempt to read this book before the movie came out, but then life happened and I never got around to finishing it. I really want to because I loved the movie, and I've heard so many great things about the book and I just know that I will enjoy it if I get around to it.
















#9: Wonder by 

23302416I'm pretty certain that I have talked about this book before at some point on my blog. I did not even know this was a book (I don't know how I didn't know that), but I didn't even know the movie was based off said book when I watched it.

Now I really want to read the book, because I loved the movie. Although it was another one that broke my heart as I was watching it, and I know the same thing will happen when I read the book.












AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...

#10: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

7260188There's really not a lot to say about this book. I read the first and second books before the movie came out, and then just for whatever reason never picked this book up before watching the movie. And I really want to finish the series. The sad part about it all is that this is the only book in the trilogy that I actually own - it was a gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment