Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Anti-TBR Tag

ANTI-TBR TAG

 1. A popular book everyone loves that you have no interest in reading

Cruel Prince by Holly Black. I'm not huge into fae stories, and I just have no desire to read this book for no real reason other than it just doesn't sound that exciting. 

2. A classic book (or author) that you don't have any interest in reading

Great Gatsby. Wuthering Heights. Jane Eyre. Great Expectations. There's probably a lot more that I could add to this list because I just don't really have a desire to read Classics.

3. An author whose books you have no interest in reading

Cassandra Clare. I don't really get the hype. I've tried picking up her books and it's always something I put down really quickly. Maybe some day I will try again, but as of right now - she's one author I will be avoiding.

4. A problematic author whose books you have no interest in reading

Going back to classics because I feel like a good chunk of classical authors are problematic.

5. An author you have read a couple of books from and have decided their books are not for you

Hailey Abbott. I've read two of her books and I gave them both 3 stars, so I think she's one author that I am going to not pick up another book. I feel like I don't have that issue anymore - I tend to either only read one book of an author and then never again if I didn't like or I just tend to pick up books that I will continue to read more by that author.

6. A genre you are not interested in or you have tried and couldn't get into

Magical Realism. I have attempted to enjoy Magical Realism but even for books that I kind of enjoyed, I've never given a book with Magical Realism more than like a 3 star rating. I just kind of try to avoid this genre as much as possible.

7. A book you have bought but will never read

Possibly Priory of the Orange Tree as much as I don't want that to be the case. But everytime I go to pick it up, I just end up deciding not to.

8. A series you have no interest in reading or a series you have started and DNFed

House of Night. Blue Bloods. Wicked Lovely. Maximum Ride. Divergent. Intertwined. There are so many series on this list that I will not be continuing.

9. A new release you have no interest in reading

Stolen Heir by Holly Black. She's an author that can probably join Cassandra Claire as an author that I have no desire to pick up a book by.

No comments:

Post a Comment