Wednesday, December 22, 2021

2022 Reading Goals and Challenges

Last year, I changed up how I want to challenge my reading during the coming year. I failed at it, but I still have a lot going on in my life and sometimes I was caught up in what was going on reality and didn't really take the time to keep up with my challenges. I am going to still hold to the layout of my challenges last year, but I wanted to do something a little different for picking my reading prompts. Although I am also going to challenge myself to complete the Jane Austen collection, but I'm not going to set it up as a bi-monthly challenge, and just have it be as a "whenever I pick it up" deal this year.

The other challenge I am doing is a TBR challenge, utilizing Owlcrate's et cetera game they included in one of their boxes last year. There are 48 different categories given (so spoilers for those who own the game but haven't gotten around to playing it), and each month I will pick 4 of those categories and try to find a book that fits. For example, there is a category that is books with love triangles - so fairly easy to pick a book for this category - but there are categories like fictional parents - for this I would pick a book that has a focus on relationships with parents or a thriller with parents trying to find their child. Since this is my own challenge for myself, I get to make the rules as long as I feel like it fits the category.

1. Read Jane Austen Challenge

During the course of 2022, read all of Jane Austen's books.

2. Owlcrate Game Challenge

Using the Owlcrate game, et cetera, use the categories to pick my TBR for the month.

3. Goodreads Challenge

Read 100 Books over the course of the year.

4. Complete One Readathon

I have a habit of starting readathons and not finishing them, so I would like to aim to complete at least one readathon this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment