Sunday, January 31, 2021

February TBR and Wrap-Up


Going into February, I am going to focus on reading books with romances only - this will only be for books I start during the month because going into February, there are some books that I am currently reading that I am not going to put down for this focus. This probably won't be that hard because I have a soft spot for romances, especially when it takes a backburner to the plot of the story; but I tend to always want even just a hint of romance in the novels that I read. Excluding any nonfiction novels that I may read during this month - since those won't really feature a romance - which I'm not really going to not try to read because I like to have a mixture of fiction and nonfiction reading.

My Jane Austen book continuing into February is Mansfield Park.

My prompt for the month is to read a book about the Holocaust. So as I was searching for a book to read for this category, There are two that I would be up for reading. So my goal is just to read one of the books, but I also may end up reading both. Who knows? I tend to also get caught up in a certain theme (as you can see from my readings last month which leaned toward mystery/thriller in all of the fictional novels I read) so there's a real possibility that I may end up reading quite a few war novels this month.

Last month, I didn't get to any of my books that were actually on my TBR, so I'm bringing over two books to hopefully get to this month.

There will also be a handful of books that I am going into February that I am currently reading. I know that there are a lot that I am currently reading. I am almost finished with Ghostly Demise, but I had to take a step back from that series for a short period because I pretty much was listening to them back to back. I also had to take a break from historical mysteries, so Gentleman and the Thief was also put on hold. Missoula is a nonfiction so that gets read between fiction books - nonfiction can be utilized for me to prevent slumps. Undying, I have picked up on and off - I didn't listen to any of it during January, but officially I'm still trying to complete it sooner rather than later. Two Can Keep a Secret and Truly, Devious are two books I want to finish this past month - I did a quick listen to a chapter for each of them for a challenge thing with my sister, and I'm hooked on both, so I'm not far into either. And Clown in a Cornfield is a book I am reading for another challenge. So yes, a lot to get done. Every Single Lie is also the only book that is not an audiobook on the list. So, yes, I am currently reading all of these - if I'm honest with myself, Undying and Truly, Devious will most likely not be completed this month.

During the month of January I completed a total of nine books. I caught up with my Lady Darby series - one of my all time favorite book series - and am so looking forward to the next book coming out in April. I also read one of the books I was most anticipating that came out in the month of January - and I absolutely loved it. I did not complete my challenge book during January, but I'm 80% complete - it just ended up being a book that was hard to get through because it was about the Missoula Rapes, and personally, two of my friends have experienced that pain and hurt, so I was getting angry a lot and had to put it down multiple times rather than push through and finish it.

I also ended up reading the little short story by Chloe Kong, the These Violent Delights Christmas Special in preparation for reading These Violent Delights. There is no cover for the short story, so enjoy this image from Goodreads...

No comments:

Post a Comment