Friday, June 1, 2018

May Wrap-Up and June TBR

So I've decided I'm going to try something somewhat new, and that is a monthly wrap-up. I've done weekly wrap-ups in the past, but it never really worked out, so I'm going to try to start doing monthly ones, and see if I can keep up more with that. I will not be including any books I read for tours.


In the month of May, I read a total of 16 books.


The first book that I read this month was a nonfiction book about sharks, called Sharks: A 400 Million Year Journey. You can find my review here. I would recommend this book to people who love to learn about sharks. It's an interesting book about how sharks essentially came to be. 

Following that, I read 3 of the books that I was most looking forward to reading this month, that being Obsidio, Daughter of the Siren Queen, and Diviners. I did not review the book by Libba Bray, but you can find the two other reviews, respectively, here and here. I loved all three of these books, with Obsidio being my absolute favorite. 

I also read one book that I thought was ok, that I still plan on finishing the series for and that is Reignited, and I just really couldn't get into this story. I found it a little slow for my taste. You can read my short review here.

I also went on a little Anne of Green Gables spree-ish, well I've started the Anne of Green Gables spree anyway. I started this spree by reading a graphic novel, and then a set of 4 comic issues. I preferred the graphic novel over the comic issues because of the layout and there were a few issues with the quotes being with wrong individuals at times and it just confused me. I'm only including the cover of the first issue below. I look forward to reading (well listening to the audiobooks of) the full-length novels of Anne of Green Gables series, which I have started by finishing the first book in the series.

Along with Diviners, Reignited, and Anne of Green Gables, I also read Vilonia Beebe Takes Charge for the Scallywagathon Readathon two weeks ago. I thought that it was a cute MG book, and I am thankful for the author for sending me a copy of the book. You can read my short review here.

I also started the Burn for Burn trilogy by listening to the audiobook of the first book, which I enjoyed quite a lot. You can find my review of the book here. I'm looking forward to finishing this series within the coming months.

I also was able to complete two books that were both set in Alaska. One was set in modern times, Not If I Save You First, while the other was set in the ‘70s, Smell of Other People's Houses. I wasn't really a fan of either, but I definitely liked the modern set book than I did the book set in the '70s. You can find the review of Not If I Save You First here, but I haven't yet posted my review for Smell of Other People's Houses.

The final book that I finished in the month of May was the audiobook, One Was Lost, which I really enjoyed and would highly recommend listening to at night because I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I had listened to it during the day.

Sharks - A 400 Million Year Journey by Ted RechlinObsidio by Amie KaufmanDaughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia LevensellerThe Diviners by Libba BrayReignited by Colleen HouckAnne of Green Gables by Mariah Marsden21161409268362032025720918351542Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter1937030428321033



In the month of June, there are a few audiobooks that I want to complete, but I don't know if I will be reading any physical copies at this point in time because June is a weird month for me because of how busy I will be.

One book that I would like to finish because it has already been started is Fire with Fire, the second book in the Burn for Burn book. The other audiobooks that I would like to get to in this month are Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, Anne of Windy Poplars, and Anne's House of Dreams.

The only non-audiobook that I would like to finish in the month of June is I Am Still Alive, which is Kate Alice Marshall's debut novel, and is scheduled to be published July 24th of this year.

18351543184419162051688618565277
2075962336519545

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've had such a productive month, I hope June is just as awesome! I absolutely loved Anne of Green Gables as a kid.

    ReplyDelete