Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Reader Confessions' Tag

reader Confessions' TAG


I saw this tag over at Spines and Covers. This is a tag about all of my Reader Confessions. Have fun reading my confessions, and feel free to do this yourself if you want to.

1. Have you ever damaged your own book?
I have actually damaged a few of my books. It was completely by accident, I had water on my shelf and I bumped into it and it spilled over some books that were sitting on the floor, waiting to be placed on my shelf.

2. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
No, I typically take more care of books that I borrow just because they aren't mine, and I would hate to ruin someone else's books.

3. How long does it take you to read a book?
Depends. Some books take me a few weeks, some take me a few hours. During school, sometimes it can take me a month to read a book, especially when I am swamped with exams or projects.

4. Books that you haven't finished?
There are so many books that I haven't finished, so I decided I will only share the books that I haven't finished and that I never plan to finish. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia - I thought it was really boring and couldn't get into... has nothing to do with Garcia's writing considering I absolutely love Lovely Reckless; Broken by C.J. Lyons - I was really disappointed that I couldn't get into this book because it sounded so good; Torn by Amanda Hocking - I liked Switched, which was the first book in the series, but it wasn't a favorite, and I just couldn't get into this one; Original Sin by Lisa Desroachers - very similar reasons to TornThe Season by Sarah Mclean - I couldn't get into; Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Lani Taylor- I tried to get into this book, I really wanted to like this book, but I couldn't even get past the first chapter, and I tried reading this book twice; Irises by Francisco X. Stork - this may be because I was listening to an audiobook, but I just couldn't get into it; Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass - I don't even remember why I couldn't finish this book, but I never did; Extraordinary by Adam Selzer - I felt like it was trying to hard and I just couldn't finish it; and finally This is How it Ends - I was super excited to read this book, it sounded great, it was a mystery... it was also a huge letdown and I don't even think I made it that far into the story.


63043351752099611966216964227837515931076359811534332129268071047145620759561

5. Hyped/Popular books you don't like?
So two of the above books could be in this question, but I feel like I can't say I don't like them because I never finished them, but both Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and Beautiful Creatures could be on this list. There is a standalone and then a series, which I have read 6 of 12 books. I have reasons to why I continued to read the series, and ultimately why I decided that I didn't like the series - which I am not going to share, they are personal reasons. My standalone is An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. This so far is the only John Green book that I have read (that is written solely by him - I have read Let it Snow and I did not like his short story that he had written in that book), and I have attempted Fault in Our Stars, which I did not list above because I still plan to read it again, but I just don't think John Green's books are for me. I don't actually know how hyped this book is but I put it on the list because John Green is such a huge name in the book community, and I know a lot of people have read this book. The other is the House of Night series by Kristin Cast and P.C. Cast. So I know people have read this series, it's not really hyped anymore but when I read it, it was hyped around my school.


4975030183

6. Classics you didn't enjoy?
Two classics come to mind: Romeo and Juliet, and Brave New World. I just wasn't a fan of either of these books, and I really haven't read many classics.

181355129

7. Books you bought just for the intellectual-ness of it all?
I wish I could say that I have, but if I have, I don't remember. Unless we count college books... which I had to buy, but never any book I chose to buy for the intellecutal-ness of it.

8. Any books you haven't give back?
So I "lost" a dear friend of mine's book, Mockingjay. She had wanted me to read it before the movie came out (I still haven't read it), and had lent it to me on our last day of school. We both forgot about it because I had placed it in my bookbag, and then I put my bookbag up without taking the book out. She moved to Texas where she was attending college, and her brother wanted to read it. So she couldn't find it, thought she had lost it during packing and ended up buying a second copy. She came back up to visit, and I was getting ready for my senior year of high school, so I got out my bookbag and there it was. We both died of laughter, and I never gave it back. Mostly because she didn't need it, but it's the only book I've never given back that I know of. A lot of her books, she left at my house because she doesn't keep books for long especially after she started college, so I have a ton of her books but I don't think any are because I never gave them back, just Mockingjay. We still to this day joke about me "losing" the book.

7260188

What are your reader confessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment