Monday, March 5, 2018

Spring Break 2018 TBR Challenge Wrap-Up

So this past week, I did a personal read-a-thon, where I challenged my self to tackle my current TBR list of books that I wanted to get done that I've been continually pushing off to the side, and not getting around to reading them.

These are the books that I was able to complete this week:

31450908Down Among the Sticks and Bones was a bittersweet read, because I was super thrilled to read it after finishing the first book, and I had anticipated loving it more than Every Heart a Doorway, but sadly, I didn't end up enjoying it as much. If you want to hear my thoughts on this book, you can check out my review here.







17235347Life Before Legend was a book that I initially did not state that I was going to read, but I was already halfway through, and it was just a couple of pages that I was able to get in at some point during the week. It was an ok read, and someday, I hope to getting around to actually reading the series by Marie Lu, although I did kind of cheat already because I have read the graphic novels of the series.






33503607I was really disappointed with Meet Cute. I just didn't find any of the stories (except for Jennifer L. Armentrout's) to be as cute as I was expecting. I pushed through until I finished it, which may have been easier for me since I was listening to the audiobook. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it, but I think you should check out reviews to see if it might be something you would enjoy - I opted not to review this book.





27414411
Then I picked up, and finished Pitch Dark for the tour that I was scheduled for on Friday, and I absolutely loved it. You can find my review and more about the book at this link. If you are a fan of YA horror, i would definitely recommend checking Pitch Dark, and Courtney Alameda's other novel, Shutter, out.







25812109This was a book that I wasn't actually planning to get to because it wasn't on my top books on my TBR to read, but it also was the moment in which my TBR kind of was thrown out the window, because of time and other various reasons. TBR lists are hard for me to set up because I never end up following them if and when I get new books. One of the reasons this book was picked up was because it was an audiobook, and I was listening to it when I was unable to read. You can check out my review here.





The Young Queens by Kendare BlakeAnd after Female of the Species, my book plan deviated. First, I picked up Young Queens by Kendare Blake. This had been on my TBR, so I included it in my challenge - I read one book this week that was not on my TBR, so I have not included it, but this one I did. I did write a short review on it, so you can check that our here. This one I mostly picked up because it was short, and I could read it really quickly in one day to fill in some free time I had.






Sightwitch by Susan DennardThen the worst and best thing happened. The worst because after finishing Young Queens, I had decided to go back to my original planned TBR, and at least finish Pacifica and Twelve Steps to Normal, but I could not complete them (worst) because some books came in (best), and these were books I have been dying to read. I read Sightwitch by Susan Dennard, and absolutely loved it. I flew through that book in a few short hours. I did not review this novel, but I highly recommend the Witchlands series if you are a fan of YA fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment