Saturday, March 3, 2018

Review: Young Queens by Kendare Blake

34848222Young Queens by Kendare Blake

Three black witches, born to a descending queen. One would rise to become queen in her place. Perhaps the strongest of the three. Perhaps the cleverest. Or perhaps it would be the girl born under the best shield of luck.

Katharine, Arsinoe and Mirabella - three young queens born to fulfil their destiny - to fight to the death to win the crown. But before they were poisoner, elemental and naturalist, they were children, sisters and friends . . .











Pages: 112
Format: E-Book
Published By: HarperTeen
Genre: YA - Fantasy
Series: Three Dark Crowns

Rating:
✮✮✮

Review:
I have heard mixed things regarding the Three Dark Crowns series by Kendare Blake. And because I found Anna Dressed in Blood to be an ok read, I was very hesitant about picking this series up.

I liked reading Young Queens, and found it to be a good read. It was enjoyable and a very quick read, which was good because I also found it to be slow. I'm still hesitant about reading the series, because I'm not a fan of slow books, but Young Queens has definitely piqued my interest in this series, and I am more likely to pick this series up now.

I enjoyed all three of the queens, and I found their characterizations to be completely unique and distinct from one another, and I hope that remains the same in Three Dark Crowns.

Although I did read this book first, if you are not a fan of spoilers, I would definitely recommend holding off on this book until much later in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment