Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Mid-Year Freak-Out Tag (2017)

Mid-Year Freak-Out Tag

I saw this first over at Spines & Covers. So for this tag, it's kind of a recap tag of what ou have read and other book related things of 2017 that apply to you with only half a year left for you to read. This one seemed very fun to do, so here I am. And I know, I'm a little late posting this since it's already the second week of July, but I still wanted to.

Best Book You've Read So Far in 2017
This question is so hard for me to say because there have been a few that I absolutely loved. I am going to go with Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. I am intrigued by the Jack the Ripper, and was very pleased with how this book fictionalized history. You can see my review here.
28962906
Best Sequel You've Read So Far in 2017
Well the only sequel that I have read for the first time in 2017 is Rebellion by Kass Morgan, so as of right now, it is the best sequel I have read so far this year. I have a short review on goodreads about my thoughts on the book here. You can check out my series review here.
30140756
New Release You Haven't Read Yet but Want To
One new release that I haven't yet had the chance to read is Caraval by Stephanie Garber. It sounds so exciting and interesting, and I hope that I get to it soon.
27883214
Most Anticipated Release for the Second Half of the Year
My most anticipated read is a Kasie West book, and that is Lucky in Love, which comes out in late July.
30285562
Biggest Disappointment
For me, my biggest disappointment wasn't actually a bad book. I really did enjoy reading it, but I was disappointed that it wasn't as good as the rest of the author's book that I had read. This book is By Your Side by Kasie West. This was the first book that I gave less than 5 stars, and again, it wasn't a bad book. I was just disappointed that it wasn't as good as the rest of her books.
30256248
Biggest Surprise
My biggest surprise was a book by Kami Garcia, because I attempted to read her Caster Chronicles story and I hated the style of writing - it was so slow and honestly, I thought it was really boring. But I decided to give it a shot, and I was expecting to love the book, and that is what happened. This book was Lovely Reckless. You can check out my review here.
27414434
Favorite New Author
A favorite new author of mine that I discovered this year is Sheryl Scarborough, and she wrote To Catch a Killer. I cannot wait to read more by her, and have just recently discovered that there is a sequel to the aforementioned book. Yay! You can read my review here.
29939266
Favorite New Crush
My favorite new crush is... a tie between Riden from Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller and Thomas from Stalking Jack the Ripper. You can read my review here.
33644022
Favorite New Characters
Well that would include Riden and Thomas from the question beforehand; Erin Blake and Spam from To Catch a Killer; Audrey also from Stalking Jack the Ripper; Alossa, who is also from Daughter of the Pirate King; and Frankie and Marco from Lovely Reckless.
Book that Made You Cry
I think I cried a little during Everything, Everything, but it wasn't as heartbreaking as I was expecting it to be partly because of a twist. You can check out my review here.
18692431
Book that Made You Happy
I am going to go with a cop-out answer and just say, all of the books that I have mentioned above except for Everything, Everything, and those that I haven't yet read so far.
Most Beautiful Book You've Bought So Far this Year
I'm going to have to go with Jennifer L. Armentrout's Don't Look Back. I just absolutely love the cover of this book.
18296030
What Books Do You Need to Read Before the End of this Year
So many... too many... No books in particular though.
That was it! Doing this tag was too much fun, and I’m not tagging anyone because I want anyone who wants to try it to give it a go! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment