Friday, July 21, 2017

First Date Book Tag


First Date TAG


First saw this over at HardbackHoarder, check it out! I wanted to do it myself, so that's exactly what I am doing. If you want to do it after reading, then this is me tagging you. Have fun! This tag was written in advance, but when I wrote it, I ultimately decided to wait until Valentine's Day to publish it (so it will be interesting to revist my answers and see if I end up publishing more than one tag on this day).

1. The awkward first date – a book where something felt off. It wasn’t a bad book, but lacked that spark for you.
I am going to go with Blind Spot by Laura Ellen. I gave this book 3 stars, and you can check out a short review here on Goodreads. I read this book in a day. It was good, I enjoyed it. But there was something missing for me. The story concept was interesting and different, and I would recommend it because, again, it was a good book.


18222822

2. The cheap first date – book that turned out less than you expected.
There were a few books that I was contemplated putting down for this question, but I decided to go with Love, Ish because I was really expecting a heart-wrenching story about a young girl who has cancer, and there were moments that were sad, but overall, it was just a let down from my expectations. You can find my review here. I gave this book 2 stars.

30753996

3. Well-prepared first date – better than expected.
I am going to go with Strangelets by Michelle Gagnon. This was a DNF for my sister, and I decided that I would still give it a shot because it was available for me to read, and I think I was reading it for a challenge. I wasn't expecting much from it because my sister didn't like it (and at the time I felt like our reading tastes were similar, and they aren't really - there are some books that we both like but overall our tastes are different), and I ended up almost loving the book. I ended up giving it 4 stars, and if you want to see my review of the book, you can check it out here on Goodreads.


15798830

4. Hot but dumb – pretty book, not so hot on the inside.
For me, this would be Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler. I wanted to read this book because of the cover, and I wasn't expecting a 5 star book, but this ended up being a 2 star book. I just couldn't relate at all to this book or the characters, and I'm pretty certain, I didn't really care for any of the characters or even what was actually happening in the story.


17899354

5. Blind date – book you picked up not knowing anything about it.
I picked up Unbecoming of Mara Dyer a few times, and never really knew what it was about, which was one reason I never read it, but a friend told me it was amazing - and didn't tell me what it was about. I'm pretty certain, she lent me the book, but I could be wrong. I ended up loving this series, and I never knew what was going to happen next because I read this series "blind".


11408650

6. Speed dating – book you read super fast.
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West. I absolutely love Kasie's books, and when my sister got this book (one of the few books we both love), I had to read it. Confession time: I "borrowed" it from her room while she wasn't home, and because I had to read it before she got home, I ended up reading it in about 3 hours in one sitting on my bed without getting up to eat or anything. It did help that I find her books addictive and I really didn't want to get up, but that's the fastest I've ever read a YA book.


25486998

7. The rebound – a book you read too soon after a book hangover and it kind of ruined the book for you.
So, I really don't have an answer for this because whenever I get book hangovers, I just skim and reread my favorite parts of the book, until my hangover is over. And then I read another book, so I really haven't had this experience.

8. Overly enthusiastic date – a book that felt like it was trying too hard.
This was a tough question for me but I ultimately decided Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer. Some parts of the story felt like a stretch to me. I did actually enjoy this book. I gave it 3 stars. It wasn't a bad book, but it was at times, a little over the top. I read this back in 2014 so I'm trying to recall my thoughts about it, but I'm pretty certain I felt this way at times when reading it.


16139598

9. The perfect first date – book that did everything right for you.
There are so many books I could list here, but I'm going to mention one that I have never mentioned on my blog before and that is Changeling by Philippa Gregory. I actually am having a hard time getting into the second book sadly, but I loved this book. I loved the plot and the characters, and everything about it.


14739487

10. Humiliating first date – book you’re embarrassed to admit you liked/embarrassed to see reading in public for whatever reason.
This question is another question that I really don't have an answer for. I don't really get embarrassed by books that I read. I mean I would read the Warriors series by Erin Hunter in public, and those books are about cats. I also read MG books in public. And books that I would potentially be uncomfortable reading in public are books that I don't read.

No comments:

Post a Comment