Monday, October 14, 2019

Hocus Pocus Read-a-thon Wrap-Up


This is the first year that I have heard about the Hocus Pocus Read-a-thon. Basically, there are three teams with different reading challenges they must complete between the 1st of October to the 13th of October. You can read more in the original post on twitter here. You can find this post on my Adult Blog here.

I am on the Team Sanderson Sisters. And my challenges are below:

Read a Book with a Witchy Main Character

I read Bone Witch because Tea is a Bone Witch, and it was thoroughly disappointing. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it, and the reason I was disappointed were because my expectations were really high for this book. Sadly, it didn't live up to those expectations. You can find my review by clicking here.

30095464

Read a Book with a Female Protagonist

For this challenge, I picked Lonely Dead because it's a mystery with a paranormal twist, perfect for this challenge. I really enjoyed this book, giving it 4 stars, but I've always enjoyed April Henry's novels. You can read my review by clicking here.

39280476

Read a Book that is Spellbindingly Atmospheric

I read Witchtown because what is more spellbindingly atmospheric than a book set in a town full of witches. This was a decent read, and I really enjoyed it. I ended up giving it 3 stars, and you can find my review by clicking here.

30971734. sy475

Read a Book that Frightens You

So initially I was planning to read a True Crime novel for this challenge, but then I stumbled upon this book, and I figured outside of True Crime, what is the thing that scares me: deadly diseases. I found this book to be very informative and interesting, with historical information about the history of rabies. I ended up giving this book 4 stars, and although I am not planning to write a formal review for this book, I highly recommend this if you are interested in this type of nonfiction books.

13403051

Read a Book with a Powerful Villain

For this challenge, I read Renegades picked out because it involves heroes and villains. I thought it was a really good book, and I ended up giving it 4 Stars. You can find my review by clicking here.

28421168

Read the Group Book

So I ended up reading Serpent & Dove for this challenge. And I am so glad - this book was so amazing, and I absolutely loved reading it. This is definitely one of my favorite reads this year, and you can find out ore about how I felt by clicking on this.

40024139

Watch Hocus Pocus

I ended up watching Hocus Pocus before starting my reading, rather than after I had completed my reading because I had to return it to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment