Thursday, March 23, 2017

Book Sacrifice Tag


book sacrifice TAG


So I didn't have anything book tour, blitz, etc. related going up today, and since I haven't really had the time to read (being sick twice within the past month) since I am still catching up on some schoolwork, I decided to find a book tag to do. I typically search youtube, but this time, I stumbled upon this tag on a blog. Here is the blog I looked at Pewter Wolf. This tag is really old, but it looked like fun so I'm doing it!

1) An Over-Hyped book: Let's start this off with a Zombie Apocalypse! Let's say you're in a bookstore, just browsing, when BAM! ZOMBIE ATTACK! An announcement comes over the PA System saying that the military has discovered that the zombies' only weakness is over-hyped books. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you really hated do you start chucking at the zombies knowing that it will count as an over-hyped book and successfully wipe them out?!

I am going to talk about two books here - and I didn't hate them, but they were the lowest rated hyped-up books that I had on my Goodreads account (3 stars for both of them). The first being Forest of Hands and Teeth. When I read this book everyone was telling me about it. I had non-reader friends who would come up and be like "You totally need to read Forest of Hands and Teeth", so I did (and I don't know how popular this was elsewhere because I wasn't as active within the book community at this time), but it was super hyped up for me. The second book is Twilight. Everyone I knew in 8th grade was reading this book (I'm pretty certain every girl had a copy of this book). So I picked it up, and well, I wasn't as into it as everyone else I knew.

343247841865

2) A Sequel: Let's say you've just left the salon with a SMASHING new haircut and BOOM: Torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?


This answer could totally be stemming from the fact that Twilight was already on my mind, but New Moon (which is also the introduction to me hating love triangles...). Again, this book got 3 stars from me.


49041



3) A Classic: Let's say you're in a lecture and your English teacher is going on and on about how this classic changed the world, how it revolutionized literature and you get so sick of it that you chuck the classic right at his face because you know what? This classic is stupid and it's worth detention just to show everyone how you feel! What Classic did you chuck?

Romeo and Juliet... William Shakespear has an amazing talent for writing, I will not argue that... this story, I will argue that it was stupid. I'm not going to rant about it because I can. I have had long debates with people about why it's a horrible plot, and does not represent love at all. Trust me, I will. If you want to read my somewhat rant, click here. Just remember I wrote this 4 years ago, and just kind of stated my opinion. I was not really reviewing books at this time, but you still get the gist of how I felt. I also rated this play 2 stars.

18135

4) Your least favourite book of life!: Let's say that you're hanging out at the library when BAM global warming explodes and the world outside becomes a frozen wasteland. You're trapped and your only chance for survival is to burn a book. What is the book you first run to, your least favourite book of all life, what book do you not fully regret lighting?

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I hated it. I didn't really care at all about any of the characters, or the setting, or the plot, or the book at all. I was required to read it for school, but I hated it so much that I skipped the majority of it, and the section that I had to write my review on ( a specific aspect of the story) was the only part I read excluding the very beginning (maybe 2 chapters). I just hated it! I would have no problem burning this book at all. At first, I was going to have this book for problem 3, but it worked out perfectly. I will say, though... that what I did read, I felt like the book has some accurate perceptions considering when it was written - so brownie points to Aldous Huxley for seeing where the future could go - still didn't like the book! This is one of a I think 3 books that I gave a one star to.

5485

So yes, I really enjoyed this. I don't think there is anything wrong with not liking books other people like. I think it's what makes the book community so wonderful is the differences of tastes, and the different types of books that come out. For me, two of the four were stories that I hate. The other two were just books that I didn't get into as much as everyone around me. Tell me some of your least favorite books in the comments below. I'm not going to officially tag anyone because I wasn't tagged, but if you would like to do this - go for it, and leave your link in the comments below because I would love to see your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment