Friday, March 17, 2017

A to Z Bookish Survey

a to z bookish survey


*all book images are linked back to their Goodreads page or their series page of Goodreads if you are interested in learning out more about the book, series, or author
*these will only included YA or MG books that fit the categories


Author you’ve read the most books from:

I have read an equal amount of books (8) from both Lisa McMann and James Patterson, both of which I have read more than just a single series from.


Best Sequel Ever:

I would have to say Return to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz. I had been dying to get my hands on this book, and when I did, and finally read it, this book lived up to all my expectations for it.

23213517


Currently Reading:

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I have read the first and second book in the These Broken Stars series, which is also by Amie Kaufman, and really wanted to give this book a chance.

23395680


Drink of Choice While Reading:

I don't really drink while I am reading, although I typically have a water bottle nearby... so water...?

E-reader or Physical Book?

I am 85% a physical book reader, but there are wonderful advantages to an E-reader, one of which is being able to carry thousands of books with you everywhere you go... Forgot my book at home, that's all right, I have my phone so I can read on my kindle app.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

This one is a tough one because I love many characters, and I have never really thought about whether or not we were actually compatible. I decided that out of all of the guys I love in my books. I would probably have dated Tarver, from These Broken Stars, in high school because I think we share a lot of similarities and I think he is probably one of my all time favorite male characters. And I have a huge thing for military characters (heroes).

13138635

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Illusionarium by Heather Dixon. Here's the thing about this book, I was really anticipating the release of this book. But at the same time, I was really hesitant about whether or not I actually wanted to read this book. I'm not exactly the hugest fan when it comes to parallel words and time travel books, and Illusionarium is a parallel world book, but I am so glad I gave this book a chance because I really enjoyed it.

22840398

Hidden Gem Book:

Legend of the Light Keeper by Kelly Hall. This could also fit into the category above, but I wasn't really going back and forth whether I wanted to read it. It was offered to me for review, which is how I discovered it, and I absolutely loved it - I gave it 5 stars. 48 people have rated it on Goodreads, which shows you how "hidden" this book is from the book community.

25081972

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

There are two really distinctly important moments in my reading life. One was when I was in first grade, I was informed that I would never really be able to read well, and this happened again in 3rd grade, both were reasons I read a lot to prove myself. Without that push to read, I would have never discovered the Warriors series by Erin Hunter, which is what really drew me into the book community world (and also made me want to write my own stories).

Just Finished:

I just finished reading an ARC by Karen Rivers called Love, Ish. You can find my review for this book here.

30753996


Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I won't read erotica. I read almost every other type of genre out there, but that genre I will not read.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

The longest book that I have read is Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer for a total of 756 pages.

1162543

Major book hangover because of:

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. I really didn't read anything for like a month after reading this because I was just wrapped up in the world, and I wanted the second book then, and it wasn't coming out for a year or whatever. I read Truthwitch almost as soon as it came out.

21414439

Number of Bookcases You Own:

I own 4 bookcases. One large one, two that are medium to large size (although not as large as my other one), and then a small one which only has two shelves, but it's perfect for the books that I put on it.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

This was a favorite childhood book of mine, which even at the age of 21, I still read because it means so much to me. I actually read through the series, not just one book, and that is the Warriors by Erin Hunter (which funny enough, the one reason, I, as a 5th grader, wanted to read these books is because I shared a last name with the author). I am so glad I picked these books up though because I absolutely love them. Which technically makes her the most amount of books I have read (15 since I haven't finished the series - but still plan to), but I went with the other two authors because it was more variety by the authors.

111332

Preferred Place To Read:

Two places, either my bedroom on my bed or my basement on the couch.


Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

So the quote I went with is from Mystic City by Theo Lawrence because it summarizes my reading life with a lot of books I pick up.

"I always knew this story would break my heart."

13411245

Reading Regret:

My biggest reading regret would have to be... this was really hard for me to pick because many of the lower rated books that I have read were for school... with an occasional few that I read for review (but I don't really regret reading them). And then I remembered 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad (I left a review of this book - more like a rant on Goodreads). I was utterly annoyed and disappointed with this book. I'm not going to rehash all of my problems with this book. If you would like to read my rant (not really a review... a rant) about this book on Goodreads, you can here. I just feel like I wasted time trying to get this book, and then reading this book. I was anticipating so much out of it, and nothing...

15790843


Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):

So many.... so many series that I have started and have not yet finished... I decided to go with the Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep because I have only one book, Killer Frost, left in that series to read, but I keep pushing it off because I don't want to finish the series and be done with those characters and the world... I have even read all of the short stories that go along with this series... the last book is it...

17448097

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

This is a cruel question... So I want to cheat right now and say all three books in the Article 5 series, but I'll go with Article 5 (the first book) by Kristen Simmons (although I have started - currently waiting to get it back, her book Metaltown, which might take the place of Article 5), Envy by Gregg Olsen (I wish he would write more books in this series), and Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I still hate this question because I feel like I am betraying a lot of books. No Kasie West books made it on this list and I absolutely love her books.

10677277281180371058631718296030


Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Kasie West books... I still got them into this survey. I love all of her contemporary books - except for the newest release, By Your Side, which I have yet to read - I started but school got in the way. I still have yet to read her series, which is paranormal - I plan to. And three of my dear friends, who have read all of her books keep telling me they think her paranormal duology is the best - and I can't claim to be a fan of her books until I do read them. Lucky in Love is not out yet. P.S. I Like You is probably my favorite (this could also be because it was the last book I read - in one sitting under 3 hours... her books are that amazing!)

15283043182982251866044725486998302562483028556211988046


Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

I'm going to have to go with Roar by Cora Carmack. One reason is because it's the most current one and the second reason is because I want it more than I wanted Windwitch, and if you follow my blog and read my posts, then you know that I was majorly anticipating Windwitch. I have acutally never read any of Cora's books before, but if I enjoy this one, hopefully I will pick up her other books.

29939048


Worst Bookish Habit:

I would have to go with overdue library books... I seem to just get so wrapped up in reading the books that I forget that they are due somewhere.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

That would be Shatter Sky by Michael John Olsen, which was a gift from him. I still haven't read it yet, and I think it sounds really interesting but I just haven't heard much good about it, and the overall rating on Goodreads isn't so good, but there are only 23 reviews, but it hasn't really intrigued me to read it.

21421542

Your latest book purchase:

So technically as I am writing this down. I haven't yet purchased it yet, but by the time this goes up, it should be purchased so I bought Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.

3003787023437156


ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

I have read two books that I stayed up way into the night but for I am only mentioning Unremembered  by Jessica Brody because it's   YA, and this is on my YA blog (I might do this for adult books on my other blog, we'll see - keep an eye out if you are interested to see my answers for my adult books).

9791892

No comments:

Post a Comment