Saturday, April 1, 2017

March Wrap-Up

So I just couldn't keep up with posting what I had read throughout the weeks during February and January, I was posting them late all the time. So I have just decided to do an end of the month wrap up - March there wasn't much because I was sick throughout the month and homework was my top priority, but here it goes.

30653731I received A Boy Called Bat by Elana K. Arnold from Walden Pond Press through touring with Jean BookNerd. I absolutely loved this book because I thought it did a great job of representing autism. It was such a cute quick read. Highly recommend for young children. It received four out of five stars from me and you can check out my review of the book here.













30753996I received Love, Ish by Karen Rivers from Algonquin Young Readers. I really couldn't get into this story. It was kind of a letdown because I was anticipating such a sad and heartbreaking story about a 12 year old girl who gets cancer and just her struggles with dealing with that, and I just thought it was poorly executed in the story. A lot of people seem to really enjoy this story, but it just wasn't for me. The ending was very frustrating, and I wish it had been more finite (it was kind of open-ended) and I wasn't really a fan of that. I gave this book two out of five stars and you can check out my review of the book here.








29363501I really enjoyed reading the screenplay for Fantatic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling. It wasn't as great as reading a novel, but it was still really good. And I've already seen the movie, so it was just kind of imagining the movie while reading the screenplay - which may or may not be something you would want but I absolutely loved Eddie Redmayne in the movie and didn't mind reimagining him as Newt as I read this. I did not review the screenplay, but I did give it a four out of five stars. Let me just say: I absolutely love Newt Scamander and like him, (according to Pottermore) I belong in the Hufflepuff House! A part of me was sad that I wasn't placed into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw (because I feel like I have qualities of both), but really, if I'm honest, I completely fit into Hufflepuff.





29939266

This was my first thriller/mystery of the year, and I absolutely love it! I'm not going to go into it much here, you can always check out my review here. I just want to say that if you enjoy thrillers, this book is definitely a great one, and you should definitely check it out.














The following are some other books that I read in the month of March that I don't have anything specific to say about why I did/didn't like them, why I chose to read them, or anything else regarding feelings about them, more than what I had said in their reviews. I am going to link each of the pictures, so you can click on them to go to their individual review. I will not link them back to their tour pages (if they have one).

2993919331932429341044393009546431199395317627512553864933885806

If you are curious to see what books I got in physical format during the Month, check out the pictures of my hauls here on instagram. Haul Part One, Haul Part Two, Haul Part Three, and Haul Part Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment